NOR: Dette er postet etter flere henvendelser om referanseforklaring for mine utenlandske lesere. Jeg håper mye av det kommende er kjent stoff for norsktalende.
ENG: Even though I was the one having a birthday, it was the Lund family who received a load of new books to read in the mail. Helmer is trying to recover his school French, he has even bought himself a dictionary, and can now put it to use when reading "La guerre des boutons". But reading french was a bit exhausting, so he had to have a coffee break and wondered if he shouldn't rather relax with the butterfly book. Tomy is reading his new "Noah's ark" and Annika enjoys her "Alice in Wonderland" filled with wonderful pictures as it is. She also looks forward to start reading "The little house on the prairie" books, of which she now has got the whole series.
Nora had also bought some books, but wanted to finish her " A dolls house" first. Not only did the author, Henrik Ibsen, come from Skien, the same town where they live (and I), but more peculiar was the coincidence that the main characters in the play are a couple named Nora and Torvald Helmer. Nora found this so weird, she couldn't stop reading.
UPDATE the 24th of April:
Apparently the Lund family are more aware of current events than I am. Yesterday, I just was told , was infact the International Day of the Book!
Credits: Miniature books by Grace at TreeFeathers and Jean Day. Thank you both!
The dolls house book is an ebay find.
A dolls house is a play by Henrik Ibsen, 1828 – 1906, born in Skien.
The complete works (mostly plays) of Ibsen are
- 1850 Catiline (Catilina)
- 1850 The Burial Mound also known as The Warrior's Barrow (Kjæmpehøjen)
- 1851 Norma (Norma)
- 1852 St. John's Eve (Sancthansnatten)
- 1854 Lady Inger of Oestraat (Fru Inger til Østeraad)
- 1855 The Feast at Solhaug (Gildet paa Solhoug)
- 1856 Olaf Liljekrans (Olaf Liljekrans)
- 1857 The Vikings at Helgeland (Hærmændene paa Helgeland)
- 1862 Digte - only released collection of poetry, included "Terje Vigen".
- 1862 Love's Comedy (Kjærlighedens Komedie)
- 1863 The Pretenders (Kongs-Emnerne)
- 1866 Brand (Brand)
- 1867 Peer Gynt (Peer Gynt)
- 1869 The League of Youth (De unges Forbund)
- 1873 Emperor and Galilean (Kejser og Galilæer)
- 1877 Pillars of Society (Samfundets Støtter)
- 1879 A Doll's House (Et Dukkehjem)
- 1881 Ghosts (Gengangere) (the main characters are Helene and Osvald Alving)
- 1882 An Enemy of the People (En Folkefiende)
- 1884 The Wild Duck (Vildanden)
- 1886 Rosmersholm (Rosmersholm)
- 1888 The Lady from the Sea (Fruen fra Havet)
- 1890 Hedda Gabler (Hedda Gabler)
- 1892 The Master Builder (Bygmester Solness)
- 1894 Little Eyolf (Lille Eyolf)
- 1896 John Gabriel Borkman (John Gabriel Borkman)
- 1899 When We Dead Awaken (Når vi døde vaagner)