Saturday 16 May 2009

17. mai er vi så glad i!

ENG: The 17th of May is the National Day of Norway. It has for over hundred years been celebrated with parades of school children, their teachers and marching bands.
So today the children in me and my daughter's doll's houses have celebrated the day by marching the little "street" I have so far. And the whole town have been watching, cheering and waving flags! As a teacher Nora also participated in the parade.
On the pavement you can see Carol Line with her husband Henrik, Henrik is the identical twin brother of Helmer. Also present are Glenn Closenough with husband Sean Kommer'u, and Dolly Barton, aunt of Henrik and Helmer. Polly Line is apparently more interested in the tall, handsome stranger. Karl Edo Spook, Arne Vaa and aunt Fiolett paa Traadén ( aunt Violets it Slip) must have been too tired to come after last nights party, since they are nowhere to be seen!

On this day people are often dressed in their national costumes; called a "Bunad", but sadly none of my dolls owns one. The only dolls in national costumes attending were the greek pair to the right.



NOR: 17 mai måtte jo selvfølgelig bli feiret i 1:16 også. Så alle ungene i dukkehusene til min datter og meg gikk i tog, mens hele byen jublet på fortauet. Nora gikk i toget med elevene sine. Både Carol Line og mannen Henrik, som er Helmers eneggede tvillingbror, var der. Det var også Helmer, Glenn Closeenough med mannen Sean Kommer'u og Dolly Barton, tanta til Henrik og Helmer. Polly Line var visst mer opptatt av den høye, kjekke fremmedkaren.
Karl Edo Spook, Arne Vaa og tante Fiolett paa Traadén må ha vært slitne etter festen, for de er ikke å se.




NOR:
Og etterpå var det kaffe og kransekake i hagen.

ENG:
Afterwards the Lund family had coffee and almond "tower cake" in the garden.

Here is a photo from todays lifesize parade, with our school marching to town to join the other schools for the main parade.

Credits: Coffee pot by re-ment. Tower cake made by Christel Jensen.

5 comments:

Petra said...

liebe helene,
wie schön die norweger feiern, und wie schön du das umsetzt. es macht wieder mal großen spaß, deine szenen anzusehen. in deutschland gab es solche ausgelassenheit mit nationalflaggen nur bei der fußballweltmeisterschaft!!!

liebe grüße
petra

Pubdoll said...

Nja, schön...?
Der Tag ist auch ganz Anstrengend. Die Kinder sind heute in zwei Paraden gegangen (eine für die Kinderschulen und eine für die verschiedene Vereine) und man muss auch zu der Stadt gehen, weil kein Autos dort fahren kann während die Paraden. Es ist auch eine Treff in die Schule nach der erster Parade, wo meinen Mann und ich Brausen und Würste verkauft haben.
Wir müßten auch für die Treff eine Kuchen backen und Plakate machen.
Jetzt bin ich ganz müde, aber auch vergnügt:)

Petra said...

Das ist doch oft so, dass das, was anstrengend ist, einen auch zufrieden und glücklich macht. Ich hoffe, dass ich einmal Enkelkinder bekomme (meine Kinder wären schon in dem Alter) und ich würde dann auch Brause und Würstchen verkaufen!
Petra

Sans said...

Hi Helene, I am only on your 1st page of the blog and am already loving it. It is quite clear to me that we both love big scenes lol! Thank you for following my blog and I will definitely want to take my time with yours. I will be back!

Pubdoll said...

Thank you Sans, hope to see you again! Yes I love the big scenes, also:) And I love your idea of making a Maharajas palace. Because like you I love the oriental style, although I haven't used it in so many of my rooms.
My favourite amongst my own rooms I think is the basement livingroom, which I consider my most "oriental" one.
-Helene